Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Miss Peacock in the Corn with a Friend


So, when I went over to my parents' house for breakfast this morning, FarmerBoy and S.Q. told me that there were two peacocks out by the shed. Of course, Mom and I had to go see for ourselves. Indeed there were two peacocks out by the shed, standing near the corn. Why and how, you ask. I don't know. We suspect that someone had seen FarmerBoy's happy, free-range chickens wandering around and decided that it would be a good place for peacocks to live out their lives. We've had dogs dropped off at our house before. In fact, that is how we acquired most of the dogs we've had. We don't know if the peacocks are hens or immature males. They do not have the colorful tail feathers that peacocks are known for, though they do have a plume on the top of their heads. If the peacocks stay around, we will have to come up with names for them. Well, I'm off to look up peacock facts.

8 comments:

Alice said...

More animals to come and see. I am so excited! :)

Cynthia said...

Annika would be crushed if she knew what she was missing! Keep it up and you can charge admission!

Beee said...

Oh! animals to name . . .

Marissa said...

Whoa! That's really random. Are they tame? If at least one of them is a hen then I think you should name it Mrs. Peacock.

Beee said...

The other one Prof. Plum!

Beee said...

***I did not actually name it. I do not want to have to take it home with me. Well, can not take it home with me. I guess you could bring them up to visit me, and they could get loose really close to that park for animals by me, that already have peafowl. . .

Manda said...

umm. when are you going to post again. Peacocks are kinda random. Of all the random animals that I remember showing up at our house, peacocks were never one of them. Dogs, yes. Sheep, yes. Peacocks, no. But I remember that I always loved seeing the peacokcs wander around Edith's yard when we were at piano lessons.

Manda said...

Hello? Anyone home. I need something to read besides textbooks.