Friday, June 13, 2008

Bad Omens in my life

As today is Friday the 13th, I followed some links to read about superstitions. In my family, we find Friday the 13th good luck as it is the day my Dad was born. Also Farmer boy was born on the 13th as was Uncle Isatalo. (though not on Fridays, however their birthdays fall on Friday the 13th sometimes--shocking, I know.) I'm not a very superstitious person, but I decided I'd share some reasons why I'm destined to have bad luck for the rest of my life (other than not passing on gazillions of e-mails that I've gotten).

Bad luck for:
1. Sitting on a table without one foot touching the ground
2. Passing someone on a staircase
3. Fastening a button in the wrong buttonhole (lots of bad luck for me on this one.)
4. Walking under a ladder
5. Mending a garment while I'm wearing it (I've found the bad luck here is that you poke yourself with the needle.
6. Opening an umbrella in the house
7. Singing before breakfast
8. A bat flying into the house (family, take note of this one. I'm not sure what the luck is for shooting the bat in the house with a BB gun.
9. Hearing a rooster crow at night (or anytime you are sleeping. It wakes you up--duh!)
10. Cutting my nails on a Friday

There you have it--all of the reasons that I'm doomed to have bad luck for the rest of my life. You should take a look at this website.

I found it all very amusing. And no wonder I'm not married, I read all of the wedding traditions as well. I don't think I could handle doing everything correctly on my wedding day--I'd just be doomed to an unhappy marriage.

2 comments:

Beee said...

I saw a bouquet of flowers today, Friday the 13th. The flowers were red and white. The website you provided stated that red and white flowers together was bad luck; along with it being Friday the 13th?!?! Is their marriage doomed.I wonder if they would have received a mirror, or if he dropped the wedding ring at the ceremony. Makes you wonder.

Beee said...

I was looking, but I think that you missed one of the bad luck omens. . . do you get out of bed with your left foot first?